There are several advantages to a Pre-Paid iPhone:
- No contract: perhaps the biggest advantage is that you don’t have to sign up for a long-term contract with any mobile carrier. Being free of a contract allows you the freedom to switch operators if you find a more suitable pre-paid plan later on.
- No credit check:did you know that having your credit checked actually impacts your score on subsequent requests? So if you are looking to apply for a loan, credit card, or mortgage, have poor credit, or if you just prefer to avoid an infringement upon your privacy, a prepaid service plan may be just what you need.
- Pay for what you use: Have you ever gone a month without making a phone call? Never pay for that time again with a prepaid iPhone plan.If you know that you’re not going to use the service for a while, you can simply cancel or suspend your service, and resume it when you need it again.
- iPod Touch: What’s an iPhone without mobile service? An iPod Touch: a device that can sell for up to $399 on its own. When considering the initial up-front cost of your new iPhone, keep in mind that you can always cancel your pre-paid service and still keep all the wi-fi functionality of an iPod touch!
- Cost Savings: Above all else, the clearest reason to opt for a prepaid iPhone plan is the money you will save. An iPhone plan on some post-paid carriers (such as Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T) can cost as much as $126 per month, when factoring in the cost of the iPhone. For comparison, the cheapest Prepaid iPhone plan can cost as little as $57 per month– a savings of $69 per month, or $1,656 over two years!